This is an age of badges, posters and wrist bands saying things like WWJD (What would Jesus do) etc. To me, that isn’t the real question….. I only found the wiki-answers version today of how they feel the phrase rose to popularity and its an interesting one – so I’ve included the link above.
The question is if you believe
- that Jesus really is God
- and that He died on a cross for your sins so you could be forgiven
- that He and rose again from the dead conquering death
- so He could help you live a better life and get a place in heaven
- And you are willing to accept of a relationship with God through prayer
How are you going to live that out in your life?
- What difference will it make to your own life and that of others around you?
- Will you focus on the potentially narrow world of church or will you live it out in your daily life helping others….
When I was a kid there was a bookmark with a picture of a judge which asked the simple question:
“If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”
Please don’t feel I am judging you – I am writing this to challenge myself as much as anyone else. If you were to look back on your life in a year’s time, how would you like it to be different from a personal point of view – and how would you like it to be different from a spirtual or Christian perspective?
© Copyright Michelle Sherlock 30/05/2011 (Updated with photo in 2014)